Breast Augmentation Rochester
Jacobson Plastic Surgery in Rochester offers breast augmentation surgery for women who want larger breasts, want to restore lost breast volume, and bring balance to their figure. Dr. Steven Jacobson is a highly skilled and patient-focused board-certified plastic surgeon who can provide you with excellent results.
What Is Breast Augmentation?
Breast augmentation surgery, also referred to as augmentation mammoplasty, typically involves using breast implants to either increase the size of the breasts or restore volume that has been lost after pregnancy or weight reduction. The procedure can:
- Increase the projection and fullness of your breasts
- Improve your figure’s balance
- Enhance your self-confidence and self-image
If your breasts are severely droopy (ptotic), you might need a breast augmentation with lift. This procedure increases the size of the breasts and enhances their overall size, shape, and appearance by combining a breast lift and implants For the most part, both procedures can be done simultaneously. Dr. Jacobson will discuss whether a breast augmentation with lift, breast lift without implants, or a breast lift is the right choice for you after assessing your current situation and aesthetic goals.
Candidates for Breast Augmentation
You are an ideal candidate for a breast augmentation if:
- You are healthy
- You desire fuller breasts
- You are dissatisfied with the volume loss in your breasts after weight loss, pregnancy, or aging
- You have asymmetrical breasts
- Your breasts failed to develop naturally
Breast Implant Options
Breast augmentation is a highly personalized procedure thanks to the variety of breast implant options. There are small breast implants for patients who want a slight increase in size or who want to restore lost volume. There are also large breast implants for patients who want more dramatic breast enlargement. There are no DD breast implants but that cup size can be achieved by using the right breast implant.Common breast implant sizes include:
- 350cc breast implants
- 400cc breast implants
- 450cc breast implants
- 500cc breast implants
- 600cc breast implants
- 800cc breast implants
There is also the choice between saline breast implants, silicone breast implants, and gummy bear implants. Options like textured implants and high profile breast implants. There are also different implant manufacturers like Allergan implants and Natrelle implants.
Before & After
Click here to see more results
An augmentation mammoplasty includes the following steps:
- Anesthesia – A specialized doctor will administer an intravenous sedative ( anesthetic ) for your comfort.
- Incision – Once your are asleep and comfortable, Dr. Jacobson will make inconspicuous incisions to minimize the visible post-surgical marks. You will discuss your incision location options with your surgeon and agree with what works best for you. The incisions vary depending on the type of implant used, the degree of breast enlargement desired, and your anatomy.
- Inserting the Implants – Once the incisions are made, the surgeon will insert an implant into a pocket of tissue in each breast. The implant is placed either under the patient’s breast tissue or occasionally pectoral muscle. The method of positioning the implant varies from case to case.
- Closing the Incision – The incisions are then closed with sutures, surgical tape, and skin adhesive.
Once the procedure is complete, you will be taken to a recovery area to be monitored. Your breasts will be wrapped in clear supportive bandages, and you will wear a support bra starting day 2 to minimize the swelling and give further support to the breasts while they heal.
You will likely be able to go home after about an hour. Before you leave the Surgery Center, Dr. Jacobson will have provided you with specific post-operative care instructions that include caring for your breasts, the oral and topical medication you need to take to promote healing and reduce the risk of an infection, as well as the first follow-up appointment date.
You will need to wear a support bra for the first couple of weeks. It is very important to keep the incision site clean. If there is any soreness, it will improve within a couple of days. You may shower the day after surgery and it is important to get appropriate rest so you heal properly. You can typically resume normal activity within 24-48 hours and light exercise after a week.
Important Breast Implant Updates From Allergan
Breast Augmentation Cost
The cost of breast augmentation varies based on various factors like the price of the implants used. Dr. Jacobson can discuss cost during the consultation process.
Arrange a Breast Augmentation Consultation
To discuss the details of your breast augmentation and ask any questions you may have, contact Jacobson Plastic Surgery in Rochester and arrange a consultation. Dr. Jacobson has years of experience in a wide variety of aesthetic procedures, and is considered a national and international expert on using breast implants.